First Contact Physio – please call the Practice on 01382 644466 to arrange an appointment. Appointments will usually take place at Kingscross Hospital in Dundee.
The helpline is operated by the Musculoskeletal Advice and Triage Service (MATS) and is provided by fully trained call operators, nurses and physiotherapists.
This service can help by:
- finding out if you need to see a doctor
- providing key information and advice to help with your problem
- referring you to a physiotherapist or podiatrist if you need it
- arrange home visits – this should be arranged by your Doctor
- book and manage your physiotherapy appointments
Call 0800 917 9390 (9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday). Calls are free from landlines and mobiles.
NHS Tayside physio service offer a home visiting service for individuals who cannot, as a result of their condition, access physiotherapy in an outpatient clinic.
How do I go about organising a home visit?
If you feel you would benefit from a home visit, please talk to your GP. You can also refer yourself for a home visit, using the self-referral forms below. Home visits are generally only available to individuals who cannot, as a result of their condition, attend an outpatient appointment.
Self-referral form for Angus & Dundee residents.