If you think you might have coronavirus or you’ve been in close contact with someone who has it visit NHS Inform for advice.
Well-being while staying at home
Taking care of your mind as well as your body is really important while staying at home because of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Visit NHS Every Mind Matters for advice, practice advice and support groups.
If you cannot wait to see a doctor and feel unable to cope or keep yourself safe, it’s important to get support.
Get urgent support now from Every Mind Matters
To stay fit and healthy whilst at home, try the NHS Home workout videos.
Test and Protect
Test and Protect is Scotland’s way of putting into practice the test, trace, isolate, support strategy.
Viral Kindness Scotland
We are bringing communities across Scotland together to spread kindness and help anyone who is vulnerable and struggling with self-isolation.
Freephone: 0800 054 2282
Advice for patients with pre-existing conditions
- Macmillan – Cancer and coronavirus
- Asthma UK – What to do if you have asthma
- Blood Cancer UK – Information for people affected by blood cancer
- Diabetes UK – Coronavirus and diabetes
- Kidney Care UK – Guidance for patients with kidney disease
Support for the employed
Support for self-employed
Guidance for people who are self-employed and getting less work or no work because of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Advice for Vulnerable Patients
- Guidance on shielding and protecting extremely vulnerable people
- How to get support for extremely critical vulnerable person
- Advice for people at higher risk – those who are 70 or older, are pregnant or have a condition that increases the risks from coronavirus.
- Pregnancy advice
Scotland of the Distress Brief Intervention service (DBI)
This gives people over the age of 16 who are in emotional distress the opportunity to speak to a member of trained staff from a voluntary organisation background about their problems. Supervised contact is offered within 24 hours of referral for up to 2 weeks.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline 0808 2000 247
- Rape Crisis Scotland: 08088 010302
- NSPCC Helpline 0808 800 5000 – If you’re worried about a child, even if you’re unsure, contact NSPCC professional counsellors for help, advice and support
- Childline 0800 1111 – Offers free, confidential advice and support for any child 18 years or under, whatever the worry
- MIND: Mental Health Support with specific advice on “Coronavirus and your wellbeing”
- YoungMinds: Supporting children and young people and their parents/carers with their mental health and wellbeing. Specific advice on managing self-isolation and naxiety about Coronavirus
- ICON: Babies cry: You can cope
- SafeLives: Specific resources for domestic abuse and COVID
- Breathing Space: Open up when you’re feeling down. 0800 83 85 87
Recovering from COVID-19
Watch the video below to see how you can ease your recovery from a COVID-19 infection.